While the case studies are actual, the names and locations have been changed to protect the identity of the clients.
How to remove manual dependence (and minimise errors) from the irrigation process?
1. Other than doing a physical visit and being present during the irrigation process, there was no way to know if the cycles ran as planned.
2. Plants near the pump were getting more nutrients than the plants far off, leading to uneven growth and sub-optimal yields.
We implemented an IoT-enabled irrigation automation module (along with a nutrient dosing system for optimal nutrition) with remote management capabilities.
The following were the key features:
- Creation of 9 irrigation zones.
- Automation of irrigation in 9 zones using the one existing pump.
- Integration of moisture sensors to control the extent of irrigation.
- Linking of irrigation schedule to environmental VPD data.
- Remote management capability through a WebApp with historical records.
- Integration with nutrient dosing system to provide precise nutrition.